Upper Little Bear Ridge School District was established 1906 after a boundary adjustment of land from Dry Creek District #83. This was due to the distance the children had to walk or horseback ride quite a distance to attend Dry Creek. The school was located east of the Little Bear Road across from the intersection with Camp’s Canyon road
In 1918, A. T. Sandquist sold one acre to the district for one dollar for a schoolhouse.
Interesting Fact: Verleen Nelson related, once a month the people in the community would met at school for a potluck supper. After, the students would put on a program for the people who had gathered there.
In 1945, they consolidated with Troy Scholl District #31.
Click here to return to Troy Historical School Districts.
Click here to return to Home Page.