Pleasant Hill School District #59 was formed in 1899. Although records of teachers at the Pleasant Hill school exist, it is not know where the school was located in the early years. By 1903, one acre was purchased from Ole Olson for $1.00 and the school was built west of White Pine Road.
In the summer of 1919, the school was remodeled which included dividing the school room into two rooms (with a pull down partition) and adding two cloakrooms on the front of the building for the boys and girls each.
The school district consolidated with Troy School District #31 in 1940.
Interesting Fact: During the war the school building was used as a place to meet and make mattresses for the war effort.
Click here to return to Troy Historical School Districts.
Click here to return to Home Page.