The Olson School, also known as Driscoll Ridge School, was established in 1891 on the lower end of Driscoll Ridge. The School was located near the South side of Driscoll Ridge Road, south of the intersection with Veien Road, near the pine trees.
The school was named after John and Nick Olson, on whose farm ground the school was built. It was commonly referred to as the Driscoll Ridge School.
The school closed in 1922-1923 for lack of students. However, it reopened the following year.
In 1934, there was a consolidation with Bond School District #68 resulting in Olson School growing. In 1939, the Olson School was consolidated into the Troy School District #31.
Click here to return to Troy Historical School Districts.
Click here to return to Home Page