The Burnt Ridge School was established in 1899 and located west of Burnt Ridge Road
The first school building’s location is uncertain. There is a tale of a log structure being torched by an area farmer who complained that it was too far for his children to walk to school.
Another school building was built and it remained in constant use from 1904 to 1944 when the district consolidated with the Troy District #31.
Interesting Fact: Alice Johnson described the school grounds totally enclosed by a hog wire fence and a “stile” was used to go up and over the fence
The schoolhouse was auctioned off to Grace Rauch who owned the land around it. The building still stands and is used for storage.
Click here to return to Troy Historical School Districts.
Click here to return to Home Page.