Wild Rose Cemetery was established April 12, 1888. There are ~346 burials.
Two deeds were recorded in the county records. One was from John Divard and wife, and the other from John Furrow. Each gave one acre to be used as a cemetery called the Taney Cemetery. It is unknown when and why the name was changed to Wild Rose. Originally the cemetery was located one mile west of the present location. It was dismantled and reconstructed in about 1940 — per From A to Z in Latah County, Idaho.
The oldest grave belongs to Vevia M. Divird, born May 6, 1885 and died May 23, 1885. She was 17 days old. Her parents are one of the land donors.
Find-A-Grave: www.findagrave.com/cemetery/80678/wild-rose-cemetery Find-A-Grave write up on Bethel is actually for Bethany Memorial Cemetery….please disregard the error.
Etiwanda Rail Cemetery Records: Wild Rose Cemetery, Latah County, Idaho. (mrail.net)
Click here to return to Troy Cemeteries Page.
Click here to return to Home Page.